Tuesday, January 5, 2010

and so on

So in what could be seen as another push for me to get on with this, someone quit one of the bands I play in today. See, i need to be in a band that consists entirely of me, and then I only have myself to blame for inactivity! I've decided the first tune I'm going to record is one that I wrote for one band I played in
ripping yarns, and ended up playing in another band, model village. However neither band seemed particularly into it, but I dig it, it's about growing up and not being such a bad person all the time. Something I can thoroughly recommend. It's called "I feel like Lou Reed", it's a reference to "I've been tired" by the pixies, cos hey i was often tired and didn't make much sense when I was younger.

but directly relates to the Lou Reed album, Berlin, versus the Velvet Underground tune, "I found a reason" from Mark Radcliffe's "best rock album ever" Loaded. Which is an awesome song with an amazing talky bit, "i found a reason to keep on living, and baby that reason is you" even if he's taking the piss. I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment