Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Got some studio time pencilled


The ever willing bugs at
Half Ton has clued me in to some free evenings in the studio later in the month. Mayhap I will get a more than one bit of drums done. I intend to record drums using the tried and true Glyn johns method. I realised last time I recorded that I'd been doing it wrong for ages, as I'd been using omni condenser mic's instead of cardioid, what a div. I am eternally grateful to the people on the forum at electrical audio for all the masses of useful info that can be gleaned from it! The Glyn Johns method for drum recording is awesome in it's simplicity, as pictured! All of this exciting news comes amidst more snow, sadly not enough to close my place of work, or failing that destroy it completely, I wander if there are ever any Tsunami in essex?

No comments:

Post a Comment