Tuesday, January 19, 2010

done something!


So my weekend sojourn in the fortress of unsolitude that is a 15 person weekend in Elevden Centre Parcs inspired me to do some recording, and as it happens I have the house to myself tonight and tomorrow as Jane's mum's been a victim of the sheet ice that replaced the UK streets last week, nasty. So, anyway, Jane and Tom have gone to cheer her up. You'd never tell from the state of the front room though, as seen to the left. I decided that i probably wouldn't end up keeping the acoustic tracks I record now, for one thing I coudn't find my lovely closed back headphones so the click was bleeding into the mic when I was doing the over the shoulder positioning, so I went for a point the mic' at the 12th fret on the fingerboard and just get the sound approach. After a number of run throughs and a bit of squeaky chair noise that I was able to deal with by simply not moving while playing. I got something down that I was happy with, and did some very slapdash vocals too, to aid with the feel. So tomorrow I'm going to go completely mental and try and record some (very quiet) drums here! I will start early, and hopefully therefore not get murdered, once I have the drums, I'll redo the acoustic, lay some bass and slide on and then do a few vocal tracks, and bang the tune is done. To that end I'm off now to put a new strainer on my snare drum!

No comments:

Post a Comment