Friday, January 8, 2010


This dude looks like Casey Kasem from America's top 10, brilliant late night tv from my teen years. Maybe that's why I'm into his drum tuning vid's. Not that I've looked at a lot of them, I intend to follow his heavily accented advice at the soonest conveniance, probably monday. When I'm rehearsing at the portland, which I hear may not be much longer for this world. Which would be a shame, it's the first place I played in Cambridge way back in 2001, and I think every band I've been in since then has had a really good gig there, econoline with blood red shoes, black horse with racoo-oo-oon,ellie walker and the group hugs with The Pony Collaboration, hey colossus with gruel, admittedly i wasn't in the band at the time, but still I did play on that bill with ripping yarns, who also had a great show there with the dudley corporation. Also my most recent start cavalier played a good show (in the sense that the other band was good) with Ungdomskullen who ruled. So it would sadden me to see the end of the portland, but then, what can you do, the march of time etc. Apparently people need more posh flats and less nice pubs to drink/ rock in. Which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment