Monday, January 4, 2010

watching face/off!

Not having seen this movie before, I am somewhat surprised by how thoroughly lame it is! Perhaps this speaks more to my foolishness than anything else? Seriously though, terrorists, that are American, who do one liners? Who would believe such a thing, and that's before the titular face/ off gubbins! Anyway. I was back at work today, it was as bad as could be expected. SO. The Whole Sick Crew, game plan, tactics, etc. I intend to record one song a month for a year, split into quarters, like you know, at work and stuff. So the quarters will be

Old, winter (three old songs I've had around for a while)
Borrowed, spring (three songs by other people)
Blue, Summer (I don't like summer much, three songs about bad t'ing)
New, Autumn (I like autumn best and this gives me a chance to write three new songs between now and the end of the year, which is a pretty big ask what with all the other stuff going down around these parts!)

This came to me last week when I couldn't sleep. I lay in bed on my side watching my wife and son sleep, we were all sick over christmas, just colds and that, just enough to put us off the booze! I think that helped me think of all this business instead. I have been a little worried that this is a waste of time, or at least not the best use of my time, but then i was trying to google image search a picture of nicolas cage from face/ off and found the blog of some chap who can offer wicked advice on how to make exact replicas of the fancy guns nicolas cage's character has in the movie. So all in all, I don't feel so bad about my little plan. At least it doesn't involve lethal weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment